Saturday, June 27, 2009

Anniversary Plans

It was a special day for me. I was up early, can you beat it, on a SUNDAY! I had shaved and showered and dressed, for the occassion. I used the new musk perfume, I got as a gift from her. She was coming home, after a long time. At least the 10 days of solitude, seemed long enough. I had planned our anniversary dinner, at this new restaurant nearby, with a romantic setting. And had planned how I would welcome her and draw her in my arms, the moment she entered the house.

And suddenly I realized, Nature had her own plans. It rained. Understatement; it poured, donkeys and buffaloes, if you know what I mean. That just meant the whole romantic dinning out, was washed down the drain.

Now, what else could I do to make the evening memorable, for us, I pondered. An idea struck. I could order her favorite dishes and still celebrate with a candle-lit diner. The food was a phone call away, from the same new restaurant; OK. Now, I am smiling. Then I felt something was missing. Ah! Champagne! Now where would I get that?

I sat back on the sofa dejected. How fine it would have been if I could just use my laptop, order the food, the flowers and probably even a decorator who could quicly design my dinning with exotic flowers and aromatic candles?! And of course the Champagne too!

No comments:

Post a Comment