Saturday, June 20, 2009

Food by Thought

Come rainy season, after a tiring day, fatigue invariably over powers
my desire to cook for myself and others. And again, its not that I
don't want to eat some hot delectable Biryani, or some authentic yummy
Pasta or even the sizzling Steak that I always thought I would have
today, and postponed it, for the lack of knowing the right place to
order from.

As hunger and boredom took over my senses, I found myself
involuntarily opening my refrigerator to divert myself from my lip-
licking thoughts, and settle for the brown bread and mixed fruit jam
lying in there since day before. I am health conscious, especially
when I have to convince myself that I will save loading up a couple of
calories by choosing brown bread over normal sweet bread. And then
again the desire to eat to my heart's content.

Tore between the food I want and the grub I have, I go for a second
(read external) opinion. Who better than Googlebaba?. I flip open my
laptop, enter password, and to the desktop. Today being Thursday (a
long day tomorrow, hence can't overload my tummy dear), and I being a
total vegetarian, I type "Yummy Vegetarian Pasta in Chembur", and I
get a huge list of unwanted forums, restaurant listings and a couple
of restaurant names lost within. Aw! Snap!

Wish I could just type what I needed and the website could suggest,
say, four best restaurants in my locality that serve amazing pasta,
the different pastas I can choose, their rate comparison and also a
way to add more cheese and a delivery boy who can bring my food to my
table. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment